Skip to main content

Great Places To Visit - The Butlers Pantry - Numurkah, Vic, Australia.

Heading from Tocumwal to Melbourne you by-pass the little township of Numurkah on your left.  Literally, it's right there with a sign pointing to the town centre. So, because I could I turned left and went to the town centre. After all I was hungry, it was 9.30am, so breakfast was in order.

Cruising down the main street, I saw "The Butlers Pantry", on my right at the round-a-bout. There were a couple of people in there and it looked nice, so I went around the round-a-bout and parked almost at the front door.  It's quiet at that time of day in a small country town, so no parking problems. No charges either!

Walked in and looked around.  Nice.  Well laid out, nice decor, coffee aromas wafting in the air were enticing. Fronted up to the country to be met with a smiling friendly face. Asked for the breakfast menu which I was promptly given and then told to sit where ever I liked, she would be with me in a moment. 

I selected a table and perused the delicious looking menu.  Lots of yummies here! As I made my decision and placed the menu down the waitress appeared at my side.  She took my order and delivered my coffee first (as asked) for me to sip on whilst waiting for my meal. 

The meal was delivered promptly by the chef himself (the waitresses were busy with customers). Nice to see he wasn't afraid to come out of the kitchen.  I thanked him and tucked in.   Will most certainly go back again when heading back to Melbourne and want a meal or even just a coffee.  It's literally 2 minutes off the main drag. Well worth the little de-tour and much quieter than stopping in Shepparton or at a road house. 

Thanks Numurkah for a lovely breakfast, friendly staff and great food. Coffee is worth the drive in on it's own. Can't beat country hospitality!!






The Butlers Pantry Breakfast.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Great Places To Visit - Sanders Apples U-Pick and Orchard Tours. Three Bridges Yarra Valley Victoria Australia.

Like to do something a little different? Love fresh home grown produce? An apple a day keeps the doctor away, or so they say. So why not treat yourself and the family and friends to a new experience. U-pick apples. That means you get to go into the orchard and pick your own fresh apples! You can have a guided 45 minute tour walking or for more fun for the kids (any age) a tractor tour! See first hand how an orchard operates and gain an understanding of the apple growing process.  Great education for the kids to learn how their food is grown and produced. Not just the product on the shelf in a store. Want to have a picnic with the kids? No better place than Sanders Apple Orchards , Three Bridges, Yarra Valley, Victoria. First you can take your time wandering through the rows of apple trees, hand-pick your apples straight from the tree and enjoy them with your picnic lunch in the beautiful surrounds. Fresh apples for dessert of course! The kids will love them, and so wil...

Great Places To Visit: Tocumwal NSW on the Murray River.

 Perhaps I'm a little prejudiced, as Tocumwal is my home town, but I've always loved the Murray River Red Gums and watching the river & the bird, animal life here. All year around it delights me. Even the noisy Corella's can't put me off, I love living here. So why would a visitor want to spend time in Toc? Let me list just a small few off its attractions for you: Water sports: Fishing, skiing, swimming, canoeing, and any other water play you might like. Food: We have a number of Pubs, Clubs, Restaurants & Cafes if not in town then in easy driving distant. BIG variety for good old schnitzels, salads & chips to take-a-way favorites, great Coffee & Cakes and Bakery delights to tempt the taste buds!!  If you're an Artist or Photographer then Toc is a plethora of diverse landscapes to draw (pun intended) your attention. I for one have never tired of its beauty.  For the traveler's in their campers or caravans Toc has a selection of options for you to...

My Favourite Recipe Book for Slices -The Australian Women's Weekly Little Squares & Slices

Well I can only tell you that baking was boring and uninteresting before by dear sister-in-law introduced me to this wonderful cookbook.   The Womens Weekly Little Squares & Slices. The easiest, tastiest and some are even healthy little treats that you can make, encourage you to bake for kids fairs, church fundraisers etc.  A few of them even freeze well, so I have a day where I cook up the freezable ones. Then I leave an assortment of (usually cook 3) them in a cake tin on our kitchen table (the gathering and eating place) and freeze the rest cut and ready to go with baking paper between the layers. That way I just take out a little of each at a time (there's only hubby and I at home now) and we don't "pig out" on them before the slice goes stale.  It's also handy when friends/family drop in unexpectedly as you can go to the freezer and take some out and in about 5 mins they are ready to eat, depending on the slice. My favourite to freeze is chocolate ca...