Skip to main content

Great Places To Visit - Uluru, Yulara Resort, N.T. Australia

 Well I don't think there is a more spectacular place to visit in Australia than Uluru.  We have visited before and will no doubt visit again.  We stayed with our caravan for a week in the camping grounds of the Yulara Resort near Uluru. Very good spot.

The Yulara Resort shopping precinct is excellent for tourist. Plenty of things to purchase.  There is also a very good IGA supermarket, one of the best we have seen in a remote area.  

The purpose of coming here of course is to see "The Rock".  Well I've now had the fun of seeing it in all kinds of light at many different times of day. Of course I did the obligatory sunrise and sunset, that's what I really came for and also to walk around the base.  We did this over a number of days so I could stroll along and take numerous photos. Wonderful time spent is all I can say. So worth the long trek up here with the caravan.  As it was April (2021) when we arrived it was fairly quiet. We booked in at the office for 1 week and were pleasantly surprised to be offered a stay 3 nights pay for 2 deal, which we were allowed to double up on. So normally a powered /water campsite costs $52/night, but with the deal it worked out to $35/night. What a bargin!!!

Anyway enough prattle. The weather was simple gorgeous every day, 25-27 C and cool at night 9-12C. Now I'll show you some of the excessive amount of photo's that I took.  I hope it wets your appetite to visit this incredible piece of "rock" in the centre of this amazing country.



































Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Great Places To Visit - Sanders Apples U-Pick and Orchard Tours. Three Bridges Yarra Valley Victoria Australia.

Like to do something a little different? Love fresh home grown produce? An apple a day keeps the doctor away, or so they say. So why not treat yourself and the family and friends to a new experience. U-pick apples. That means you get to go into the orchard and pick your own fresh apples! You can have a guided 45 minute tour walking or for more fun for the kids (any age) a tractor tour! See first hand how an orchard operates and gain an understanding of the apple growing process.  Great education for the kids to learn how their food is grown and produced. Not just the product on the shelf in a store. Want to have a picnic with the kids? No better place than Sanders Apple Orchards , Three Bridges, Yarra Valley, Victoria. First you can take your time wandering through the rows of apple trees, hand-pick your apples straight from the tree and enjoy them with your picnic lunch in the beautiful surrounds. Fresh apples for dessert of course! The kids will love them, and so wil...

Great Places To Visit: Tocumwal NSW on the Murray River.

 Perhaps I'm a little prejudiced, as Tocumwal is my home town, but I've always loved the Murray River Red Gums and watching the river & the bird, animal life here. All year around it delights me. Even the noisy Corella's can't put me off, I love living here. So why would a visitor want to spend time in Toc? Let me list just a small few off its attractions for you: Water sports: Fishing, skiing, swimming, canoeing, and any other water play you might like. Food: We have a number of Pubs, Clubs, Restaurants & Cafes if not in town then in easy driving distant. BIG variety for good old schnitzels, salads & chips to take-a-way favorites, great Coffee & Cakes and Bakery delights to tempt the taste buds!!  If you're an Artist or Photographer then Toc is a plethora of diverse landscapes to draw (pun intended) your attention. I for one have never tired of its beauty.  For the traveler's in their campers or caravans Toc has a selection of options for you to...

My Favourite Recipe Book for Slices -The Australian Women's Weekly Little Squares & Slices

Well I can only tell you that baking was boring and uninteresting before by dear sister-in-law introduced me to this wonderful cookbook.   The Womens Weekly Little Squares & Slices. The easiest, tastiest and some are even healthy little treats that you can make, encourage you to bake for kids fairs, church fundraisers etc.  A few of them even freeze well, so I have a day where I cook up the freezable ones. Then I leave an assortment of (usually cook 3) them in a cake tin on our kitchen table (the gathering and eating place) and freeze the rest cut and ready to go with baking paper between the layers. That way I just take out a little of each at a time (there's only hubby and I at home now) and we don't "pig out" on them before the slice goes stale.  It's also handy when friends/family drop in unexpectedly as you can go to the freezer and take some out and in about 5 mins they are ready to eat, depending on the slice. My favourite to freeze is chocolate ca...